Every time you head up into the mountains for Summits on the Air is a unique experience. I have put together pages for some of my activations, presented in chronological order below.
- 1st SOTA: W6/CT-216 (Unnamed): my first ever SOTA activation.
- Elsinore Mountains W6/CT-268: an easy outing with a new antenna
- Black Mountain W6/CT-181: some activations are rough – this was one
- West Double Butte W6/CT-194: first time activating on HF
- Ibex Hills Unnamed Peak W6/ND-377: a beautiful trip out into the deep desert
- Ibex Peak W6/ND-361: My second time on a never-before-active peak in Death Valley
- Baldy Mountain W6/CT-105: simple HF activation in the California mountains
- Cowpatty Mountain W6/SD-247: another deep desert trip for a new peak
- Mt. Gordon Lyon KLA/AN-167: my first ever peak in Alaska
- Tit Mountain KLA/AN-189: combination of a SOTA peak and the CQWWVHF contest
- Bodenburg Butte KLA/AN-599: my first activation using digital modes (FT8)
- Rendezvous Peak KLA/AN-169: a simple VHF activation above Anchorage
Each page above has photos and a description of the activation, including the trail, gear, and operating conditions. Most importantly, I have tried to include the lessons learned.