The ARRL has added a new contest for non-RTTY digital modes. This gives the RTTY enthusiasts and WSJT enthusiasts separate spaces to play. Or, if you’re like me, it means that you get two ARRL digital contests instead of one!
- Start: Saturday, 2022-06-04 at 1000
- End: Sunday, 2022-06-05, 1600
- All times are Alaska local time
I’m going to take advantage of all the activity and attempt to activate a few POTA units that I ran into trouble with last year:
- Hatcher Pass State Natural Area (K-6332)
- Independence Mine State Historical Park (K-7212)
- Summit Lake State Recreation Site (K-7224)
Each of these sites is up in the Hatcher Pass area. This gives some elevation advantage, but the road-accessible areas are still deep down in the canyons. Getting signals in and out can be challenging.
Feel free to contact me if you’re going to be out and about, or would like assistance setting up your own digital/portable stations.